Carl Greve Style Profile - Nu Hinton

Occupation: Sales Associate, Carl Greve Bridgeport Village

Style Icon: Coco Chanel


Describe your personal style: Feminine, classic, elegant.

Favorite designers: Elie Tahari, Jil Sander and Hugo Boss for suits.

Which Fashion Week shows would you most like to attend: Max Mara and Chanel.

What can be found in your jewelry wardrobe? My watches, my wedding ring, pinkie rings, right hands rings, and lots and lots of bracelets and necklaces for layering. Everyday is a new combination.

Appasionata necklaces and locket pendants by Roberto Coin. Prices vary.


When you travel, what type of jewelry do you pack: Simple bands, a pair of large hoop earrings, and one timepiece (usually with dual time zones).

Breitling Chronograph Cockpit with diamond bezel and mother of pearl dial. Price available upon request.

I never break this fashion rule: No white shoes after Labor Day (or really anytime), except for my Gucci 4-inch heel sandals in the summer.

I always break this fashion rule: I like to wear my leather shorts with a tweed blazer. I don’t know if that is a fashion rule or not, but I never see anyone in Portland with that combo.

Most underrated item in a woman’s wardrobe: A nice camisole. You don’t even hear that word anymore… ladies just reach for a tank top. A camisole is so much more elegant and feminine.
Most underrated item in a man’s wardrobe: Cufflinks. Men make the mistake of thinking that cufflinks are only worn when they “dress up” or wear a suit. That is just not the case. They look fantastic worn with jeans and a nice crisp white shirt, untucked to help balance it out. That look is so handsome.

18k white gold with diamonds Eros cufflinks by NIKOS Jewels. Price: $2,895

Favorite restaurant: Oba -- they have great martinis.

Favorite vacation destination: Shasta for house boating.

What do you build your daily look around: My mood dictates what I wear. For example: conservative = suit, feisty = cheetah print, sexy = leather, relaxed = slacks and a sweater set, etc.

Your next must-have item from Carl Greve: 34mm Rolex Pearlmaster in yellow gold and a three-row Hearts On Fire eternity band.


18k white gold and diamonds triple row eternity ring by Hearts On Fire. Price: $22,600

Best Carl Greve moment: A couple came in to look at engagement rings. It was pretty clear that she fell in love with one particular engagement ring by Judith Conway. Her boyfriend slipped us his credit card and motioned for us to ring it up, he then dropped to one knee and proposed to her right on the spot. She screamed and began to cry. All of us in the store also teared up, and then promptly popped a bottle of champagne to toast the proposal. She said “Yes!” of course.

When I was in high school I wore: Bobby socks with pompoms and pleated skirts. It was the uniform of the private French high school that I attended in Vietnam.

Favorite movie: Dr. Zhivago

Best style advice you have ever given: Every woman should own a pair of diamond stud earrings, preferably 2 carats (one in each ear). This is a requisite before you dive into bigger fashion jewelry. And don’t wait, you certainly don’t have to be in a relationship to have them either!


18k white gold three-prong diamond studs by Hearts On Fire. Price dependent on total diamond weight.

Never caught wearing: Colorful hosiery.

I splurge on: Bracelets, necklaces, and shoes. My motto is “The more the merrier.”


Sterling silver bracelets by John Hardy. Price varies.

I feel best wearing: A pair of Gucci shoes (I can work a 12-hour day in them no problem!)

Most cherished item: My wedding ring has the most meaning.

Favorite scent: Oriental lilies


Oriental lilies.

3 comments:

yinyee said...

Great taste, all great comments! What a great representative Carl Greve has!

wanita said...

I read your blog....very classy. Beautiful picture and I loved reading all your comments. Regarding the leather shorts and tweed jacket....no one else in Portland wears that look because they can't!!! They just don't look like you! Glad you have recovered so nicely and are back to work. I can only imagine how much Carl Greve missed you...the best salesperson ever. From Wanita Ause

Unknown said...

I really cannot control myself not to re-read your blog again and again. I enjoy reading it very much! Your comments really get into my heart! You should be a fashion magazine editor!